Welcome to the SNUG forum. The SNUG committee have established this forum following requests from the signals industry at the February 2018 mini-SNUG workshop held in Auckland.

This forum is operated and moderated by volunteers in the signals industry, and is intended for those working in the signal industry.

This includes consultants, contractors, operators, students, and other interested people.

The topics are of a technical or engineering nature, and are the thoughts and opinions of other signal practitioners, based on their experience. All comments made and advice given are given by that member in good faith, based on the information presented.

If you wish to start a discussion topic, please consider the forum topics below, and choose the most appropriate forum for your discussion. If there are no appropriate forums, please post in the ‘General’ forum.

Signalised crossing...

Notifications
Clear all

Signalised crossing LED strips

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sean-lewis)
Member Admin
Topic starter

By chris.bealing 2021-08-05 10:05:05

Topic: Signalised crossing LED strips

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into LED strip lights/illuminated tactiles for pedestrian crossings to combat pedestrian distraction (phone zombies). Has anyone done any research or installed something like this at any intersection? I want to know if they had the desired outcome or whether they were a waste of time. I have seen a few places overseas that have installed them but there doesn't appear to be any follow up on the outcome of the trials. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:39 pm
(@sean-lewis)
Member Admin
Topic starter

By Blair McKeever 2021-08-10 13:19:14

Re: Signalised crossing LED strips

Hi Chris,

We (DCC) installed some of the RTL LED tactiles at the Marlow Park learn to ride track recently.

I will get some photos and feedback from the installation contractors and post a response here soon.

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:40 pm
Share: